Monday, July 2, 2007






Bulgaria 2007

I got back to the Haus about 8:00 pm Saturday night. I didn’t think I was going to like going back to the Haus for one night and then taking off again. But it turned out really great. Sunday morning at breakfast I got to see several former students. It was really good to see them again.

Besides seeing students I got see the profs that were there teaching. Let’s see, Bob Lowery, Neal Windam, Dinelle Frankland, Nancy Olson… hum see a pattern here. Yep, they are all from Lincoln Christian College and Seminary. Pam and I haven’t seen some of them since we left LCCS back in 1999. It was so good to see them. It was also good to see Bill Hilgendorf who is there teaching. It was good to see all of them again.

Here are some pictures of Sunday morning worship at the Haus. Yep, that's Bob preaching.

The last picture is of Sofia taken from my hotel up in the mountains. It's the same place I stayed back in 2004. I had to take it through a window so that's why it looks like Sofia is in a fog.

I left the Haus about 11:00 am. When I finally got to the ticket counter I found out that there was not a seat for me, I was on stand-by. They told me they over booked. I got to the gate and waited about 45 minutes for someone to come to the counter. I gave them my ticket and they said that it would take some time but they would let me know if I had a seat for this flight. If not the next flight out was at 7:50 PM. There were several of us on stand-by. One person was just a bit too pushy about getting a seat. After awhile I was given a seat.. in business class, not bad for waiting patiently and doing a lot of smiling!

Evgeny picked me up at the airport. While picking up my luggage I noticed that there were 3 luggage belts but only 1 was moving, and that one belt had 4 flights worth of luggage on it.

I’m staying at the same resort inn I stayed in back in 2004, but the class will be at Evgeny’s new church building. I’m looking forward to the class tomorrow. Of course this blog won’t get posted until Monday sometime.

John

No comments: