Monday, September 3, 2007

Venues

This is it. Next Sunday starts our venues. We will have two worship services at 9 and two at 11. One will be in the NLC where we have church now and the other will be in Cook Auditorium where we had worship when Pam and I first came to Mountain 8 years ago.
For the first Sunday Eric will be in Cook and I will be leading in the NLC then we will switch. Sunday's aren't the big problem for me, its Thursday nights. I'm leading the choir and leading a vocal team and leading a praise band and one Thursday a month I'm doing all three not at the same time thank goodness! I'm thinking it's going to be a little on the hectic side. And it's only one Thursday a month because we are canceling one Thursday night choir rehearsal.
This week will be very telling because it's our first week when we have rehearsals going on in both building at the same time.
In another blog I'll go over the details about what it's doing to our worship arts ministry team. (It's all good, but it means some stretching and growing on our part... like I said all good.)

3 comments:

Josh Tarbet said...

John, My mother told me you were thinking of turning your blog into a Thoughts on Worship blog. If it is trun I would be interested. I am currently in two bands at my church Adult and Youth. The youth band I am a player coach. The kids love to lead worship and I would love to use your Blog as a way to keep them inspired. Josh Tarbet

John said...

Josh,
Great to hear from you. Yes, I'm going to try and keep this going with some information concerning worship. I'm not sure I'll be able to post everyday, but I'm hoping to get something up at least once a week. That will give me some time to get some things together and write it out.
Any thoughts, idea, or questions you may have about worship, just shoot them to me and let's see where it takes us. I'll post some thoughts weekly.
John

John said...

Josh,
make sure you read the last part of this blog. it's about being a worship leader whithout being on stage playing and/or singing.
John