Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ukrainian class

Finally I have up loaded the video (with a lot of help my Dan and Kristie Kenny!!! Thanks guys, I owe you big time.) that I have been wanting to put on this blog for months now.

Anyway, there are several things that you need to know about this video.
I'm from Mountain Christian Church.
The Kherson Christian Church.
The song, Change My Heart. I talked about the composer and this song in my class.
My heritage is Italian.
If you don't know me, I'm not really that tall (5'3").
We had a discussion about the use of banners in the church.
We talked about using 'greenery' to set the stage or the platform area.
I would say a sentence with 4 words in it, and my interpreter would then translate something that sounded like a novel. At least it took that long to translate what I said. By the way Yuri was an excellent interpreter/translator!
We talked about using video as a way of communicating announcements, sermon illustrations, drawing attention to a particular item or thought or idea. Using video as an attention getter.
The couple at the piano were from Uzbekistan. They traveled all the way to Kherson, Ukraine to take the class.
The students were just fantastic!!
Well, have fun watching it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, that is great.

-Ethan