Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Big Oversight

Wow, do I ever feel bad. As you can tell, I had one more blog about my class in CZ and I just did not get around posting it until this afternoon.
I left Brno on Friday afternoon to Vienna. In order to catch the train to Baden where someone was going to pick me up, I had to run from one train on one platform to the Baden train on another platform. I even forgot my cap on the fist train. I got on the train (and even at this point I wasn't truly sure I had the right one). It turned out to be a local. It stopped at every station between Vienna and Baden. There are 11! We were making pretty good time until we stopped at one station and waited for about 20 minutes. Needless to say I got to Baden about 35 minutes later than I thought I would.
Pam and I left for the States the very next morning. Pam had to do all the packing. No time, no rest, no exit interviews.
However, Austrian Airlines over booked our flight so they asked if we would want to get 'bumped'. I'm not sure they used that word though. Long story short, we didn't get bumped. They did have seats for us on the flight. But they were in First Class. Well, it was called Business Class. But it was top of the line! So we did get to have some down time and relax while we were fed all kinds of gourmet foods and desserts and movies and hot towels and well it's not nice to boast so I'll stop.
We got home on Saturday, went to Mountain on Sunday and drove to NY on Monday. We stayed there for just under three weeks. No Internet to speak of (The local Mattituck Library once every 4 or 5 days). No cable, only 4 channels that came from Connecticut, and they came in fuzzy. Lots of beach, lots of reading, lots of sand, lots of playing with the grandkids, lots of family time, lots of sand, lots of sunburn, lots of clams, lots of fish, lots of sand and of course lots of naps.
I came back to work last Wednesday and then spent Thursday and Friday at Willow's Leadership Summit. And then played on Sunday. That was fun.
I haven't even gotten to download the summer pictures from the camera yet. If any come out good, I'll post them later.
This will have to do for now.
God Bless
John

No comments: