Tuesday, July 7, 2009

367 steps - one way

We had a great day of classes and because my interpreter is good and the class is quick, we ended one class session early. One of the girls in the class Adina suggested that we go for a short walk to a high point where you can see most of Oradea. they told me it's about a 10 minute walk. I jumped at the chance especially to get out into the city to see the sights a little.

So we started walking. winding through these small little side streets until we came across the side of a mountain where there were some steps. That was the start of a very long hike up a mountain. when we finally arrived at a landing, you were able to see most of the city. I did notice that there was a little landing up a bit higher, and I asked if we were going to go up there. Adina said, "If you would like too." I decided not to answer her.
Here are some of the sights from the landing. The close up with the building (church) in the middle is where we have our class. Here is Agnes and Adina. Then me and Agnes.
















However the next thing I knew we were all on our way up the hill again. But when we came to the landing, did we stop? Oh, no there were more steps and up we went. Finally we made it to the top. When we got there there was a pavilion that served drinks and snacks. I thought, "How in the world did they get all this stuff up here?" then I saw it. You mean to tell me that we walk all this way up here and there was a road that came here?







Me, Adina, Agnes, Attila and Gergely.
Here are some shots of what I see when I look out my classroom windows and my room where I stay at night.



























3 comments:

Adina said...

367 steps - one way...
...and two ways? :)

John said...

I beleive that would be 734. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi John-
All is well and pretty hot here. We had a great time at Mountain's Got Talent. Lots of perspective choir members.
Enjoy your trip- am praying for you and Pam.
Tenor Debbie
PS- I would have found the road and met you up there:)