Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Austrian class

My class in Austria. I have all Polish students. so far it's been a great class, and I expect that it will stay this way for the rest of the two weeks together.

After every meal some students and professors gather around the 'drying table' and talk. And sometimes we even dry some dishes. It's a time for the students to get to know the professors better and for the professors to understand a little bit more about the students. We find out where they are from, what they are presently doing. It's really a fun time even though we are working.


This is the haus (house) we live in. It's the main house and we live all the way up on the top floor. It's three flights up, that's 59 steps. i know I count them every day!


This is the view from our balcony down the driveway. the building you see in the background is called the Cow Barn. And yes at one time (long ago) it housed the cows for the family that used to live here.



More pic's and information will follow. I wanted to get this post up so that you can see what happening right now.


2 comments:

Adina said...

You count the steps... :))
It's a good habit...

John said...

Actually I learned to do that ONLY after I climbed all the steps to the top of the mountain in Oradea two weeks ago. LOL
I just found out that two of my former students who are here in Austria this session live there in Oradea. Too bad I didn't know that when I was there, I could have visited with them also.