Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday






Monday
Here are some pictures I took.
1. My class
2. Inside of building
3. Front of sanctuary
4. At lunch (4 floors up in a building across the street)
5. See I really was in Estonia

First day of class. There 16 in the class now (one was missing from the picture). We kept adding students as the morning progressed. The morning started with only 8. The room is on the second floor of the church, but this is so high that it’s really like the third floor.
Class went well for the first day. Lots of good questions.
The students are from all over Estonia and one student is from Belarus. Oleg now has someone to talk to in Russian. There is another student who lives and pastors a church in a city in Estonia where about 90% of the people are Russian.
There are a couple of pastors, several worship leaders and choir directors in the class. All most all of the worship leaders and choir directors are volunteers. When we discussed the concept of costly worship, they understood what that means. They know the time that it takes to do their job well. The time of preparation. The time of rehearsals, and the time on Sunday morning when the they are involved in the worship service. The price it costs them away from family time and loved ones. But it’s a service they willing and gladly perform because it’s for the Lord and His Kingdom.
ps. When I got to the hotel tonight there were 3 bus (coach size) loads of people all waiting to get their room key and waiting for the 2 small (3 people with luggage small) elevators. So it was 8 flights up by stairs. Puff, puff, puff!!!
Just looked out the window now there are 6 buses. No breakfast tomorrow morning for me.
Pps the only internet is wifi service in the lounge. I got down here to get on line and realized that I had forgotten my wifi card back in the room. Walked up 8 flight of stairs (remember all the line of people before… well add 3 more bus loads to that line) got my wifi card and came back down again to do this. I’m sure I will be finished with this before the line goes down, so it may be another 8 flights up the stairs for me today yet.
John

3 comments:

Kristie Kenney said...

Is that a Vikings hat? I won't tell, just curious. Those yellow cars are super cool - I'd so drive one of those puppies! Talk about fuel efficient.
Thanks for all your both doing, we love and miss you both. Blessings!

Kristie Kenney said...

It looks like everyone in your class has Mentos, the gentleman in the red coat(behind the beautiful blonde gal with cool hair) has a MAC...Final Cut Pro is so much fun!

John said...

Kristie,
It isn't' a Vikings hat as much as it is an Estonian hat. (Not much difference I think).
You'd think you'd drive one, until you realize that the streets are all cobblestone and very old and very bumpy and the streets in Old Tallinn are all up and down!! After a couple of days peddling that thing (with people in it) your legs would be as hard as rocks and your calve muscles would be bulging.
Yeah, those are Mentos all right. Remember when we gave them out at church? Well we had so many left over I took a bunch of them to give out in my classes.
Blond hair? Which one? I've never seen so many tall, blond hair, fair skinned blue eyed people in all my life!!!!!

John