Wednesday, June 27, 2007







Wednesday
Here are some more pictures
1. A class photo. I had to pay each one (okay bribe each one ) of them $5.00 to look like they were interested in the class!!
2. My interpreter Aldo and me.
3. I guess I was making a point. Either that or I just asked directions to the WC and I was making sure I knew how to get there.
4. The Big Russian Bell.
5. My big break. I had a GQ photo Op.

We had another great class today. We started the section on contemporary issues so the class was really into it. They had lots of questions and we had a lot of discussions.


I learn something every year. Actually it's the same thing, but I keep forgetting it. We are so blessed with so many resources available to you in the States. Right in the middle of a worship planning session if we need to find a video or new song, we just get right on line with our wireless laptops and do some surfing. then when we find something that we think might work, we download it and not even worry about how much it might cost us. We need it, we buy it!
We plan with several people around us all working together to strive for the best possible worship service for that particular weekend. Some of us remember what it was like to plan the service pretty much by ourselves. But even then we found some volunteers to help us out. Here a lot of the leaders are out there on their own. No help, no laptop, forget getting Internet service, no money. But they are thrown into the 21st century trying to plan a 21 st century worship service without some of this technology. What I stress in class is, it's not about the technology, it's not about the latest and greatest new toy that's important. It's about making worship a meaningful experience for them in their church using what resources they have. Being creative with those resources. Using what they have and they way they have done worship in new and fresh ways. To refresh what resources they have. Make it come from the heart.
It's a great class of students. All are striving to make worship the best it can be for their church.
We have a day and a half left and then the final. Tomorrow will be one more day of notes. A day where they get to put into action some of the worship ideas and thoughts we have been working on all week long.
John

No comments: