Friday, July 27, 2007

EXAM DAY

The EXAM at least that's what they call it. Everyone did very well... all A's. But then again, it was a very good class. They all went home with big smiles on their faces.
Laszlo and I still had papers to read and the test to grade. We finished all of that by about 12. So I decided to take a walk in Budapest. Today is another hot day, so it wasn't a long walk. I got back to the apartment about 2:30. Oh by the way, a gyro here is not the same as a gyro back home!!!!!
I took a walk down one of the main streets here Andrassy Ut. This time I went past the Burger King by a couple of more blocks. There were really no souvenir shops to speak of. Probably at the train station tomorrow I'll find something to bring home as a souvenir from my time here in Budapest. One artsy store I did enter had some incense that I thought was very interesting though. It was the smell of Hemp. I was tempted to by it as a joke, but then I thought that I probably wouldn't be able to get it past the dogs at security at the airport in Vienna for the trip back. That's also the store where I bought a gift for Pam, but don't tell her it's a necklace.
tomorrow back at Haus Edelweiss and a couple of days off, a couple of days of faculty meetings and then we head on home.
I know I'll reflect more on my time here after I get back to Austria. For know I'm going back to my apartment where it's a bit cooler and relax for awhile.
John

No comments: