Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wednesday

Wednesday
Here are some pictures of the class. The internet is slow here so I really can’t upload a lot of pictures to the blogsite. I’ll do what I can each day.
Wednesday went well. Again we had a lot of discussion, about why change at all. If it has been working why do we need to change it. From the very beginning of class it’s been me saying, “I’m not telling you, you have to change. What I am saying is make worship fresh and renewed and make it an adventure. Help your people in a new way experience the presence of God in your corporate worship” Little by little I think we are all beginning to understand each other better. And in my teaching them I am learning a lot about the Ukrainian culture also. And I thought Italians could have a loud discussion… wow, these Ukrainian’s can hold their own!! It’s actually fun to watch and listen and learn!
Andrew who is very inquisitive, Sergey who needs to ask “why” in order for him to get a deeper understanding of what is being said, Sasha who has wisdom with age, Misha the youngster who is anxious to try new things, and is very passionate about bringing worship to another level in all of Ukraine. Ira, and Olena who are the only 2 ladies in the class taking it for credit, I can go on and name the rest of the class too, they all make this class unique and exciting for me, and yes challenging… but in a good way. I am learning everyday also!
Zhenia the TCMI National Director for Ukraine and his wife Vera took me out tonight for dinner. It was a nice little quite place. And then they showed me around. Ayna their daughter came along to help translate for us. He took me to a site where during WWII a lot of Russian soldiers died during a battle with the Germans. The Ukrainians erected a monument in honor of their lives.
Sorry no pictures today. They won't upload. I'll try again tomorrow.
John

No comments: