Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Monday-Tuesday


Monday
Only one thing to say about last night’s sleep or lack there of… mosquitoes!!!
Class went well today. We had more discussion in class today then I remember having in quite some time. Now that I think of it last time I was here we had a lot of discussion also. My translator, Yuri is also a professor at TCI. It’s a Bible College here in Kherson. As you can tell by the picture there are 15 in the class. Yuri is in the second row second from left. He does do a good job and sometimes he explains it so much that when I’m making my next point of explanation he’s already said it. I can say three words, and he’s off and running with a translation and an interpretation of what I said. I think he’s actually telling stories about me without me knowing what he saying! J.
The only chance I can get to got on the internet and blog is right after lunch for about 45 minutes before I have to be back in class. They have a nice computer room of about 10 computers all connected to the Internet.

Tuesday
I’ll have to wait until Wednesday to get this out. The room where the computers are was very busy today with some other students. So tomorrow I’ll go up a little earlier and get a computer to work on.
They gave me this device to plug into the electrical socket and told me that it would keep the mosquitoes away. It was wonderful. No smell, no noise and no bugs!

Ilkhom and Tamina Abudkarimov. He is from Uzbekistan, and works in the biggest evangelical church in Uzbekistan 2,500 members. Even though it is registered with the state and still they are growing. I think I might be able to shed some light on their growth. Several times a year the pastors of the some of churches in Uzbekistan go to a retreat center and there they have a 5 day spiritual retreat. They sing, they pray, they discuss the fate of the church there in Uzbekistan, and they fast… for 5 days! They are there to listen to God speak to them. They are there to listen to God’s plan for the church. The church is only 20 years old. They have 4 worship services. One services is in Uzbekistan the other three are in Russian. He is here with his wife. Here is a picture of them. Oh yeah... They have been married just under 4 months now!
He also knows of some house churches there. He told me that from time to time throughout the year these house churches plan a gathering where a large number of churches get together for fellowship.

No comments: