Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Monday



High rise building; Orthodox Church




A well right outside the orthodox church offering free water



Children from families that come from central asia who go to the college here.




Some of the students hard at work - HA.


See I do work; the building where the class is held. It also houses the library. the buliding is in two parts split down the middle long ways. On this side is the chapel and on the other side is housing for student families.


Monday.
We had our first day of class and with 22 students it was quite a handful. They are all great. I know, I know, it seems like a say that about all my classes, but I really mean it. The students that we have in our program really want to be in our program because of not only the Biblical and Theological teaching, but also because of its practical side.
I have several students from the Lord’s Army. I may have incorrectly called it the Army of the Lord before. Today I was able to sit and talk with one of the students. It’s amazing what they are trying to do. They work with people who would still consider themselves orthodox. I believe they have a very unique worship service, mix of old (Orthodox) and new. Hum, I wonder where I have heard those words before. Tomorrow I hope to have the time to actually find out how they are doing what they are doing. But with 20 papers that have to be translated to me, that’s going to take up a lot of time. Oh, the other 2 papers are in English. Yeah!!
I finally got some pictures taken, so you can see where I am teaching.
John

No comments: