Monday, June 16, 2008

Comments and Chisinau





I hope you don't try and read all the comments from this last blog. I had about 14 of the 16 all sent to be by automatic response from someone trying to sell something. It's not the first, but it certainly has been the most.

I rode to the airport with J.K. Jones who was going to Tallinn, Estonia for the week. It was great to sit and talk with him for while. Even at the airport we had some time to catch up with what was happening with each of our families. When I taught at LCC, J.K. and his wife Sue were there also. Sue teaches in the music ministry program.
Slavic picked me up at the airport. Slavic has been my interpreter the past two times I'vebeen here. So I told him that this time, I was just going to put the notes in front of him, and he would teach the class. Coming in the city of Chisinau I saw a lot of change and growth. This is my third time here and each time I’ve seen changes. They are slow to come but there are changes.
I’ve taken a picture of the same building in each of the three years I’ve been here. The first one is when it was an elementary school. As you can see it needed some repairs. The next one was taken the very next year. They did some cleaning and painting. The last two come from this year. It is now a Health Care facility. It is has been fixed up quite nicely. And they’ve added on another story the the top.
This is a big class with 24 students and all of them except one are going for either an M.A. or M.Div. so they all have papers!. We have a lot of papers to read and all but one is either in Russian or Romanian. I have one paper in English. Looks like a great group of students too. I'm teaching in the 'capela' or chapel here. I'll have pictures tomorrow of students and buildings.
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice post. tell me some more on gaetan@freekmail.fr