Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TUESDAY


The entrance to the church where the class is; Rola, Pavel and me having a discussion. Rola is 70 years old and he is thinking about taking more classes with TCMI.


This is my pigs heart and dumplings; the class at lunch.
The pigs heart was very tasty.

Well, it was another day of class and another day of wonderful discussions and learning for all of us. Here in the Czech Republic they have several different words that they use for worship. One to explain the corporate worship service on Sunday and another to use for different worship services that they might have throughout the week. I haven't decided if that is a good idea or not a good idea. on the one hand having different words does help keep the conversation focused. you know exactly what worship service the person is talking about. but on the other hand it does make it sound like the Sunday worship service is way more important than any other worship that might happened during the week. I really don't like that thinking. Worship is worship. it's to God. How could one worship service be more important to God then any other? Maybe we have made that distinction, but I don't think God has. If it comes from our heart then it is pleasing to the Lord. Interesting though.


It's getting just a bit harder for me in class now. I been on the road for 4 out of the last 5 weeks, and it's starting to take it's toll on me. I have to remember that these students need to hear ALL of what i have prepared and not skip anything just because I'm feeling a little tired. Of course it doesn't help that tonight I'm going out with Pavel. He's going to take me around to see Brno. I am looking forward to it though. It should be an interesting evening.
John

No comments: