Thursday, June 18, 2009

Austria

Well, we finally made it here. The last two weeks have been a whirl wind for us. I headed out to Springfield MO. with Pam for the ACL conference. What you've never heard of the Association of Christian Librarians conference? We also managed to visit with friends we haven't seen in a long, long time. While Pam was at the conference, I was tooling around with Burt. Burt's wife was also there for the conference. He had a car!! Burt is a Native American Indian from the Kiowa tribe. A very interesting person to talk with and be with for those several days.
A quick trip to Fl (2 days) to pack and move furniture out for new renters. Back on Saturday (late) to MD to pack for our TCMI trip. Drove to NY on Monday, left on Tuesday for Austria. Got here on Wednesday around 2:00 pm our time. We did stay up until 9:00 so we would sleep in until morning. The alarm rang at 7:30 this morning and I jumped up not knowing where I was. I haven't made the calculations yet to see how long we were really up. I'm not sure I really want to figure that out.
Today was the last day of class for the students that were here during this last session. It was good to see a lot of former students and to find out how they are doing.
Sorry no pictures today. I'm just getting used to the time change and my mind is not quite clear yet. Okay I can hear all the comments now.........
In one week I'll be in Ukraine. The week after that I'll be in Romania. Next week will be my time to get everything ready for my class.
That's it for now.
John

No comments: