Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vienna

Our first break from class is on Friday of the first week. We get to go to Vienna for the day.
A Catholic church in Vienna.



We ate at a Wurstel stand. We both had Kabops. Think Gyro's but with out the lamb and the cucumber sauce. disappointing.


If you enlarge this you can see..... yes, that's corn on the pizza. Remember my pizza in Ukraine?



Pam and I went to The House of Music. It's an interactive musical adventure. The one thing I wanted to do the most was go to the section where you can actually direct the Viennese Symphony Orchestra. I picked Mozart's Eine Kline Nacht piece. It started off okay, but then it got a little out of hand and the orchestra just stopped playing and one of the viola players started yelling at me. It was all done with cameras and the technology was fantastic. However it has been abused over time, and it didn't quite follow what i was trying to do. although looking back now, it may have been because my first beat it down, and in Europe it's up. Kind of like pulling the orchestra along.... Weird. anyway it ended my live long dream of conducting a symphonic orchestra.


The dream was just that, a dream.
Yes, I do some teaching here too. :)
In fact my next blog will talk about how my class is preparing and planning for the worship service tomorrow.



No comments: