Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thursday

Well I finally had some time to talk with him again. I guess the best answers I can give are that they are not as black and white as I thought they might be.

I was asking the wrong questions. It isn’t so much about being a Christian and trying to stay Muslim, it’s letting the love of Christ change you from the inside out. He gave me an example of this. A woman became a Christian awhile ago and she came to church wearing her traditional Muslim garb. Several months later her clothing began to change. Nothing was every mentioned to her about having to change.

He also mentioned to me that he has been with several Arab pastors who have said that a Muslim convert can and should keep all their cultural habits including going to a Mosque. He does not believe this should be. So here we have two different view points about Muslim culture and the Christian way of life. I think it also has to do with the fact that he is in Tehran and the other pastors are in smaller towns thought out Iran.

No comments: